Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New forensic psychology professor joins the Department's faculty

My name is Dr. Shari Berkowitz and I'm a new Forensic Psychology professor here at Roosevelt. In particular, I conduct research on issues pertaining to psychology and the law. I'm especially passionate about applying psychological science to the legal system in order to prevent cases of wrongful conviction. I encourage you to contact me if you're interested in learning more about my work, or have questions about applying to grad school. I also hope you will consider taking one of my classes!

For instance, next Spring I'll be teaching a new class called Eyewitness Testimony (PSYC 386/486), which will meet downtown on Tuesdays from 2-4:30pm. In this class, we'll learn about the crucial role that eyewitnesses play in our legal system. For instance, the police may rely on a witness’ testimony to identify a suspect and/or lawyers may rely on a witness’ testimony to convict a defendant, but how reliable is an eyewitness’ testimony? Do eyewitnesses ever make mistakes? How do these mistakes occur? These questions will be the primary focus of this class. Additionally, I'll be teaching Introductory Forensic Science classes at both the downtown and Schaumburg campuses. Check out the Spring schedule of classes for more information on when these courses will meet.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all. My email is: sberkowitz@roosevelt.edu and my website is http://sites.roosevelt.edu/sberkowitz/

2 comments:

  1. I encourage you to contact me if you're interested in learning more about my work, or have questions about applying to grad school. I also hope you will consider taking one of my classes! counseling degree

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gain so much information from this blog.I like your blog.Thanks for the post.I am waiting for your new post.soccer skills. for more info cick here Best Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete