Friday, September 21, 2012

New Faculty Profile: Dr. Joe Mazzola


Hi! My name is Joe Mazzola, and I am an Assistant Professor in the Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology program at Roosevelt University. I got my B.S. in Psychology at Bowling Green State University and my Ph.D. in I/O Psychology from the University of South Florida. My research is in the areas of stress management and healthy behaviors (namely nutrition and exercise) in the workplace. Most recently, I’ve been investigating what factors present at work help or hinder individuals from being able to exercise and eat nutritiously. Additionally, while I work with a variety of methods and analysis techniques, I specialize in qualitative and mixed methods research, a rarity in I/O Psychology. My ultimate goal is to make work as healthy and as positive of an environment as it can be for the employees.

This year I am teaching Occupational Health Psychology and Advanced Research Methods at the graduate level, and I/O Psychology for undergraduates. I also anticipate I will teach some other methods, statistics, and organizational classes at both levels going forward.

If you are interested in my area of research, want to get involved in research, or you just think I can answer a question you might have, please do not hesitate to contact me (Schaumburg 360-D, jmazzola@roosevelt.edu).

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Joe Mazzola, and I am an Assistant Professor in the Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology program at Roosevelt University. I got my B.S. in Psychology at Bowling Green State University and my Ph.D. in I/O Psychology from the University of South Florida clinical psychology masters programs

    ReplyDelete